Saturday, October 9, 2010

Total Eclipse of the Heart

I wrote a poem. Shocker. Actually, what is shocking is that 1) it doesn't reflect my emotions properly and 2) the subject is completely different than anything I've written about before. It's a tad confusing, mostly for me, but probably for you, too. That's okay, though. :-] Here it is:



“Your Voice Would Make a Good Narration for My Thoughts”
Sarah Kittell – 10/08/10

The Doctor had called me from inside his TARDIS,
So he and a dalek could come ‘round for tea,
But I was distracted by deep Irish accents,
And all that I got was his voicemail at three.

A penny for your thoughts and I’ll put my two cents in,
I’m wasting my money, ‘cause I don’t have a wish.

Keyboards are pounding out songs in my cranium,
BJ and Ben and some guy I don’t know,
A personal concert to narrate my soundtrack,
And front-row-seat tickets to all of their shows.
I feel sort of odd, ‘cause I don’t even know you,
I’m writing a poem for only two calls.
If you don’t understand: 42 and a towel—
I’m leaving before I can like you at all.

A penny for your thoughts and I’ll put my two cents in,
I’m wasting my money, ‘cause I don’t have a wish.

---

Yes, I did include multiple sci-fi references in it. Yes, it is awesome because of that. XD 

On another note, I've been finding it difficult to give God complete control of my life. I guess it's good that I recognize that, so I can work on it... But it's a little frustrating. Several of my friends have revealed problems or heartaches in their lives, and I keep wanting to just be able to go in and fix all of their problems. Never mind that I have a million and one problems of my own to fix. **sigh** But I'll get there eventually. I just need to keep giving it back to YHWH, every day, every day, every day. :-] He's really all I need. <3 Now to convince my heart that men aren't what I need and I'll be good. Kinda hard when I finally meet someone who seems right. **sigh** Again. More sighs. lol ARGH! MEN! Geez! Ugh. Ok. I'm gonna stop now.

The game.

Love and hugs,
Sarah

XD

No comments:

Post a Comment