Thursday, December 23, 2010

Some Poetry For You?

Well, I suppose I should give some kind of update here... But seeing as I'm sick, and I've been sick, and that's not very much fun to write about/read... I think I'll just skip that part. Though I'm excited about the book I got for Tristan's Christmas present. ^_^ Yay me, actually purchasing a gift before the date of the celebration! I did go to Pleasant Valley again last week, and I will be writing about that soon. However, as I have a throbbing headache right now, I think I'll just post a bit of poetry and spare my eyes the pain of looking at the computer screen. Okay? Sorry, I know everyone who follows my blog is just dying to know what's been going on in my life. :P But instead, here is a picture of me being sick:



Right, anyway. I wrote a poem today. Actually, it's a song. But I am not a songwriter. And it can be read as a poem as well. So. This one doesn't get the publicity of Facebook, because it's a little personal... Hope you like it!


“With or Without You (Please Pick With)”
Sarah Kittell – 12/23/10

Without you, I’m a strong little girl,
It’s sad, but not the end of the world,
I guess I would have liked to see
What it is that we could be,
So much possibility,
But there’s still time to change your mind
If you should find that I don’t fit inside your dream.

Because without you, I’ll be fine,
Don’t wanna waste your time,
And if you say good-bye,
I’ll be alright,
I haven’t given my heart away.
It’s not a loss; it’s not a win,
But I’ll wonder what we could have been.

Without you, I’ll go on by myself,
Unless I wander into somebody else,
Yeah, it’ll probably sting a bit
If you decide to call it quits,
And make like a banana split,
But there’s still time to change your mind
If you should find that in the end you wanted this.

Because without you, I’m okay,
I’ll face another day,
If we go separate ways,
Not much to say,
You haven’t gotten in that far.
It’s not the best, it wasn’t bad,
But did you really give it all that you had?

I’ll guard my heart,
You’ll take it slow,
But you have got to make a choice,
You say we’ll see,
But you don’t know,
And I can hear it in your voice.
I hear it when you talk to me,
You tell me we should wait and see,
But I don’t wanna wait forever,
Couldn’t we just be together?
Maybe we should just be friends,
Maybe this is gonna end,
And if I claim I never cried,
I’m guessing it’ll be a lie…

Because without you, life goes on,
You’re here and then you’re gone,
I think I’d like to try,
Before it dies,
I’m only asking for a chance.
With or without, someone should pick,
Your choice, but I think I’d be happier with.

No comments:

Post a Comment